Are you looking for an exciting career opportunity and are ready to make that decision?
Veterinarian – Ambulatory and Emergency / Critical Care, Small and Large Animal
Job Satisfaction- GUARANTEED!
- Opportunity to further develop your surgical and patient management skills
- Major regional and rural cities – genuine work-life balance
- Attractive Salary + Benefits
- Our Job Satisfaction Guarantee - If you are not satisfied with what you are doing at work after three months here, we will pay for and send you on a relaxing 1week tropical vacation to help you revitalize.(Of course, if you decide to stay, we will send you on that paid vacation anyway after 12 months service).
Rediscover your passion for providing the pets with best veterinary care as you join a team of exceptional Veterinary Professionals, committed to medical, surgical and patient care excellence in a compassionate, friendly and professional environment…
Here at Australian Veterinary Hospitals, we recognise that our team is an integral part of this successful business. Through consistent growth and working to our collaborative values, we have seen phenomenal growth both in our expanding range of products and our services at our multiple locations. Through striving for the superior quality of our services and with the help of happy and grateful clients, now allows us now the opportunity to welcome new team members who will join and grow with us in our next exciting phase.
For over 4 decades, Australian Veterinary Hospitals has delivered excellent veterinary care and services and has developed a well-earned reputation for attracting, retaining and developing quality Vets, Vet Nurses and support staff performing caring and progressive medicine. If you are a new or recent Grad or an experienced Vet, you will get what you want and need for your professional and personal development at the practice. You should visit our website and our social media to learn more about our team members and also about the variety of services we offer.
About This Role
As a Vet or when you were a Vet student, you would have already developed a fair understanding of the daily wants and needs of being an extraordinary Veterinarian. We understand this and work with you to ensure you enjoy your work just as you expected you would.
Here are just a few of the important tasks that you will be contributing to along with the rest of our team:
- Emergency Medicine-Examine and triage pets to promptly diagnose their short and long-term health issues and perform best practice emergency treatment
- First opinion work/Health and Wellness Medicine-Consult directly with clients and provide them with solutions-based treatment plans utilising up to date evidence-based medicine, treatment and care for their pets.
- Surgery Opportunities-Wide range of surgery performed in house– Soft tissue to Orthopedic.
- Opportunity to learn or introduce alternative modalities
- Travel cross-location if and when needed for workload and client’s needs.
- Social Responsibility We strongly advocate that we as people are blessed to be vets and should show appreciation by giving back to society. We do this by providing Wildlife Medicine and Surgery which is actively encouraged and is provided free for all cases.
- You genuinely care for all pets, large animals and wildlife, respect the clients and your fellow team members and the work you do.
- You have an enquiring and inquisitive mind
- You understand attention to detail and documentation
- You must be available for emergencies and critical care for after-hour cases on a no more than 1 in 3 rota.
- You have a great sense of humour as an add-on to your great communication and veterinary skills.
- Advantage but not mandatory if you are prepared to contribute to conversations amongst the team about reality-based TV or the latest sports events as we have a diverse team.
Our Practices are based in richly historic and economically active and developing areas that include the vibrant city of Wagga Wagga, The winegrowing and citrus city of Griffith, Cootamundra (Bradman’s birthplace), The birthplace of the Australian Federation – Corowa and the historic railway and rugby league of Junee. These wonderfully unique places to live and work in, provide options for a healthy and balanced lifestyle. These are ideal locations to live for those who enjoy a flexible lifestyle with a wide range of options for housing, schools, sports, activities and travel, and a low cost of living.
- A base salary of $60-100k + Benefits and Bonuses
- 4 weeks paid annual leave + 1 week paid study leave
- Boost to your career with the variety of case experiences unparalleled in the large cities
- Excellent work-life balance.
- An exceptional, trustworthy work team and a healthy, friendly work environment.
It’s Time To Apply
By now you will have realized that Australian Veterinary Hospitals is a genuinely unique environment and opportunity, one that encourages quality and excellence in all that we do. If you believe, you are a perfect addition to this team, and am ready to discover how veterinary a veterinary career is supposed to be enjoyed, then it is time for you to take the next step in your career and join us.
To apply, please attach a cover letter highlighting why you think that this is an ideal role for you along with an up to date resume and send it to email@example.com, attention to our General Manager, Lisa Rapmund. You can visit our website at https://www.vetwagga.com.au/ more information on our service and our team.
All applications will be equally reviewed and will endeavour to communicate with all applications. However, depending on demand we may only have the resources to communicate with shortlisted applicants.